Saturday 25 May 2013

[Review] Tony Moly Blackhead Out Oil Gel

Hello! It's been a while since my last post. Hope everyone has been well! I've been working more recently and by the time I get home, I'm too exhausted to want to do anything.

In this post, I will be doing a review on the Tony Moly Blackhead Out Oil Gel. I have seen this product online and in-stores, and have always been intrigued by it, in particular the adorable egg packaging.


From as far back as I can remember, I've always had a bit of a problem with blackheads on my nose. No matter what I do, they don't seem to budge. The only way to remove them was by physically squeezing or using pore strips (which I avoid because it opens up the pores).

The Tony Moly Blackhead Out Oil Gel is part of the Egg Pore Series which consists of three products: this gel, Egg Pore Tightening Pack and Egg Pore Silky Balm.

Quite a big egg! But only has about 30 mL of product.

Yellow magical beads!
As it's name suggests, this product is a gel consistency with (according to the packaging) 'magical beads'. Surprisingly, the gel is made of oil. However, it does not feel oily at all. It has a great citrus/lemon scent which is not overpowering. It contains egg and Camellia flower extract which tighten and soothes the pores as well as nourishing the skin.

The gel is extremely easy to use- it's basically like a cleanser. You put a little bit on your nose and rub it with damp fingers. The gel reacts with the sebum in your skin and turns from a clear to a white colour. It's kind of satisfying watching the gel change colour.

What I Think
I am very impressed with this product! After one use, most of the blackheads on my nose were gone. (forgot to take a picture before T.T Oh well, at least I won't scare you guy off now) There were a few stubborn ones left behind but overall it did a great job at getting rid of most of them. I would definitely recommend this to those who have blackheads.
Nice & clean afterwards!
The only problem I have with is the packaging (I seem to have a problem with the packaging of most products >>) Although, it's very cute, it's not very practical. Without a dispenser  you would need to dip your fingers or find a spatula to scoop the product out. Also the seal over the product does not fit perfectly so it slip and slides, allowing the product to spill over the edge- in effect wasting some product.
On a more interesting note, the packaging can serve another purpose after you use up the gel. You can actually use it as a pot for a plant. You just have to crack open the top as shown in the image below. How cool is that!?

Have you guys tried this gel before? What do you think?
If not, what do you use for your blackheads?



No comments:

Post a Comment