Saturday 22 June 2013

[Review] Maybelline Colorsensational Vivid Lipsticks

Hello! How is everyone?
My fingers are turning into ice blocks as I type this. It is so cold at the moment! I know I have nothing to complain as Sydney winters are not as cold as say Canadian winters.
I'm here today with a review on the Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks which I purchased recently. I have been quite naughty in that I haven't been able to resist the EOFY sales- I have picked up quite a few lipsticks when I promised myself I wouldn't.
Maybelline is one of my favourite drugstore products, I have tried their face and eye products but have yet to try their lipsticks. So when Priceline was selling them for $10 each I quickly snapped them up.
The two colours I picked up was 910 Shocking Coral and 914 Vibrant Mandarin.


914 Vibrant Mandarin | 910 Shocking Coral
Packaging: The lipsticks are packaged in a silver, square based silver tubes with a sturdy, bright red, transparent cap. On the caps, there is a mirror which is perfect for on the go. The shade names are stuck on the base with lipsticks. The colours of the stickers provide a relatively good idea as to what the colour is.

Texture: These lipsticks are creamy and glide on beautifully. With that being said, before applying any lipstick, you should still moisturise and exfoliate your lips. Patchy lips are still emphasised, no matter how creamy the lipstick.
The finish is glossy but can be toned down by dabbing with a tissue.

Pigmentation: The pigmentation of these lipsticks are gorgeous. They are extremely pigmented and I am extremely impressed by them. 

The Vibrant Mandarin is a lovely coral orange whilst the Shocking Coral is more pink than coral.
Application and wear: These lipsticks glide on the lips like a dream. I would definitely say these lipsticks are long wearing, they last on my lips 5+ hours. With that being said, they do leave a stain on the lips which have proven to be a pain to remove. But I do somewhat like that it leaves behind a stain and does not completely disappear. 

The stain that is left behind; which is extremely to remove
Overall: I really like these lipsticks. The colours are very bold and something I wouldn't wear on a daily basis but would whip out for a fun girl's night out. I would definitely recommend these for their formulation and pigmentation.

Lip swatches:


Has anyone tried these lipsticks before? What were you experiences with these?
Connect with me through: Bloglovin' | Instagram|Twitter
Don't forget to join my giveaway!
TITLE

No comments:

Post a Comment