Friday 10 May 2013

[Review] Skinfood Red Orange Jelly BB

Hey guys, I'm back today with a review of the BB cream I'm currently loving at the moment: Skinfood's Red Orange Jelly BB cream with SPF20PA++. I decided to purchase this after seeing Oiseau88 talk about it on her youtube channel. One thing I love about BB creams is that unlike foundations, most them are packed full of benefits for your skin such as whitening and anti-ageing.

The Red Orange Jelly BB is a part of the Red Orange Moisture Sun Base line and is marketed as the perfect BB cream for the summer. The line aims to deliver moisturising products with UV protection against the harmful rays of the sun. The secret ingredient that 'moisturises and smooths skin' is Anthocyanin, an antioxidant. Antioxidants in general has significant benefits for the body: working against infections, modulating inflammation and preventing cellular and tissue damage. However, Anthocyanin is particular has significant benefits for the skin protecting it from cell damage.

'This flexible jelly pudding BB cream contains moisture rich revitalising ingredients from orange to keep your skin ultra moisturised and to create a hydrated and jelly-like resilient skin with a smooth finish'

How enticing is that description? The product comes in a sturdy, frosted glass jar. There is no applicator so you would have to dip your fingers or a brush into the jar. I find that it applies on better with my fingers. Since it was a jelly-like texture, you have to make sure to screw the lid on tightly after each use to prevent from drying out.

There is not much difference on my hand- just appears a bit better. Better idea of coverage at the bottom- if your stomach can handle it... (Pictures of my breakout)
What I Think

The BB cream lives up to its description. It is very light and hydrating on the skin and has a matte finish. It blends into the skin effortlessly and I find that it has medium coverage but is definitely build-able. When I used it in the summer, I found that it was very good at controlling the oils on my T-Zone, I only got a little bit oily after about 4 hours and stays on my skin for 6+ hours.

One of the negative things about this BB cream is that it can accentuate dry areas. I have been getting breakouts on my chin and areas are getting dry- it is not pretty to look at.

To be honest I don't find the product itself that much different to the infamous Holika Holika Petit Jelly BB Cream. On a plus side, the Holika Holika comes with a applicator so you won't need to dip anything into the product- however the downside to that is that it is difficult to access the last 10% left in the bottle (I still have that 10% sitting in my cupboard). Whereas, you'd be able to finish up every single little bit of the Red Orange Jelly.

Sigh. I've had this constant breakout on my chin for a few months now. Nothing seems to work.
Now onto the uglies:

As you can see, the BB cream does a good job covering up my blemishes- however, the only problem is that it accentuates the dry areas.

Have you guys tried this BB cream before? What is your favourite BB cream?

As most of you may know, GFC is shutting down around July so to keep up to date with me follow me on bloglovin'! You can also import all the blogs you currently read on Google Reader on Bloglovin with a simple click of your mouse!



No comments:

Post a Comment